Hi and welcome to the super special 'key-blog'!

This blog will show a sneak peek to your photo session as well as updates and mini-session specials.

Thanks for visiting!!!

............................................................................................................................

November 17, 2008

About Me

I’ve always loved photography and considered it one of my greatest hobbies. Then my daughter was born. I’m sure you’ve heard this same story before. Every new mom is sure she has the cutest kid in the whole wide world and therefore photography becomes the natural choice in a career. Well my love for taking pictures became a full fledged obsession! My daughter was born on New Years Eve and because it was a holiday the hospital photographer was out (not to mention my doctor was in Mexico- ugh!) I was beyond bummed! When Kelsie turned two weeks old I took her to a very popular children’s portrait studio. It was the first time I took my little girl out in public. Being a new mom I was extremely nervous about germs. I was so relieved to see a big bottle of hand sanitizer there. Unfortunately I never saw it used. Not even once! Something else told me they don’t wash their props and blankets after each use. EW!! The photographer explained that she would take only 6 pictures. You want more pictures? Well, that costs extra. You want them converted to black & white? Again, that was extra. You want a border, name imprint or announcements? You guessed it… extra! Plus you have to order by the “sheet”. Before long our total was almost more than the hospital bill. Even though to this day I cherish those pictures I still wish I would have known better. After that, I couldn't keep my point-and-shoot camera batteries charged fast enough. I took literally thousands of pictures of Kels. Then one day inspiration struck. I grabbed a bed sheet and draped it from my entertainment center and turned my front room in to a make-shift photo studio. Not bad for my first shoot. I especially loved the wrinkled sheets. Super awesome! And at the time, I hardly knew what photoshop was. The following day as I was sitting at my 9-5 desk job, a coworker showed me some pictures of her new niece. The baby was adorable and the pictures were even more amazing. Then I started reminiscing on how much fun I had during my own ghetto shoot. Almost immediately after that I contacted that photographer. Amy agreed to take me on- she obviously had no clue what she was getting in to. Bless her soul. She has taught me so much! I love how challenging it can be in yet it lets my creativity flow. I honestly believe that with each shoot I grow and grow. Thank you for considering me to capture your most precious snapshots of life. Oh and one last thing… Why KEY you ask? Well, because its Kelsie's initials and she has been my inspiration for jumping head first into this crazy lifestyle. Plus it rhymes and is fun to say. :)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP